Just what you wanted a new check piont

From: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:49:36 +0200
To: "WAI" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Vowels-
Vowels for Hebrew, Arabic and the like, are usually omitted in web pages. (I do not know if Unicode even supports it). With out vowels, the reader has to guess the sounds, usefully relying on visual memory. Most people can do this with out thinking.
Most people do not include people without a visual memory (non-sited, low-sited, learning disabled....)
It also excludes cognitively disabled, and the semi literate who are struggling to overcome social-economic problems and immigrants............................
Needless to say I think that this should not be acceptable.
Can we add a checkpoint that vowel information should be included ?