Re: Minutes from 16 November 2000 WCAG WG telecon

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 16:10:55 -0800
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Thanks, Kynn,

     Sigh of relief!!! I don't anticipate hanging any databases on the web
anytime soon ... And, once I learned to use mark-up in word processors for
print, I began to use it on web pages, too ...

	It took me several months of quietly watching the term User Agent, and UA
tossed about on the list before I realized they were talking about
browsers. I'm also a bit amused by your explanation of "meta-data", since I
thought that was the keywords you put into the page header to help search
engines find you. Or is it both?

	I develop web pages and sites, but I don't always catch onto the jargon as
fast as I'd like to. I spend more time making web pages than talking about
them except on this list .. And my daily conversation is more likely to be
"tie your shoelaces", than "let me see your data model" ...

					Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling