Re: Checkpoint 1.1

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 05:41:57 -0700
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 02:49 PM 10/28/00 +1100, Jason White wrote:
>Ensure that all content can be presented as text.

We must make sure to include a little blurb about why we only have this
require "text" as an especially preferred medium. The question has been
raised as to whether people who are unable to understand text, for whatever
reason, are to be left out of our connected "everyone". We have clearly
elected to make this choice and it reflects much of our societal bias
towards literacy. But I think that warrants acknowledgement/explanation -
not, of course in the checkpoint itself.

As to Jason's proposed checkpoint: bravo!

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE