Re: Strawman Proposal: WCAG 2.0 Compliance

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 06:15:04 -0700
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 10:50 PM 9/29/00 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>     The lists above are -not- exhaustive.

Add JavaScript/ECMAScript, HTTP, CGI ?

As I head for Bristol I'll try to ponder some of this. I think it's well
worth dealing with. The part that caught my eye most was:

"1.1.3 (HTML4, XHTML):
Use the longdesc attribute on the img tag to specify long descriptions of
complex images"

The integration of the techniques with the changes in the underlying
technology hasn't been addressed specifically enough IMO. Why bother
someone's pretty little head about when/how to use CSS if they're merely
going to be severely frustrated by results when they try to use it
inappropriately?

Etc.

--
Love.