RE: Textual Images vs. Styled Text, Round Two *ding*

I may have missed the point, but saying no text on images would disqualify
our WAI accessibility (priority level) logo.
Yours,
  From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of William Loughborough
  Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 12:44 AM
  To: Kynn Bartlett
  Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org; WAI ER group; WAI UA group
  Subject: Re: Textual Images vs. Styled Text, Round Two *ding*

  At 02:50 PM 9/27/00 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

    I think you may have missed _my_ point...
  Nope. Everyone's missing the "point" - there is no such entity as "image
becomes "image" and must endure the same requirements whether it is an image
of text or an image showing apples vs. oranges. It requires a textual
equivalent.

  KB::  "I don't think anyone is claiming it's not, so I'm not sure you need
to make this point so forcefully. :)"

  WL: The reason I'm sure that I do need to make the point "forcefully" is
that somehow it has been allowed to slip by that images of text are a
special case of images. They are not. IMO this also goes for PDF. The clear
purpose of the guidelines applicable to this entire genre is that if there's
any semantics in there it must be teased out. If not, then...

  --
  Love.
                  ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE