Re: Flash and WCAG

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
To: Mike Williams <mikew@macromedia.com>
cc: Greg Gay <g.gay@utoronto.ca>, Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Mike,

a major problem with flash (as I understand it) is that flash players are not
accessible to assistive technologies. I may be working on outdated
information here (I would be really pleased to know that I am), but until
this problem is solved there will be a requirement for a non-flash
alternative.

Cheers

Charles McCN