Re: [w3c-wai-gl] <none>

At 09:12 AM 9/21/00 +0000, lisa kestenbaum wrote:
>review the text with these considerations in mind prior to publication on
>the web.

WL: Perhaps a full stop after "mind"?

No matter how old I get, I still have a hard time becoming oriented to
"orientate". It's the same kind of "bloviation" as we find when what
commentators do isn't to comment (as it was in my youth <g>), but to
"commentate".

LK:: Insinuations and trends that are intended to be identified by
analyzing the structure, should be explicitly stated in the summary.

WL: In a search for excellence occasional nuggets occur and this should IMO
be topmore (How's that for a corruption of "topmost"?).

LK::"  [from 3.5]"...provide abbreviated labels..." [from 3.10]"...provide
expansions for abbreviations and acronyms..."

WL: These (and there may be others) might benefit from "gathering"?

LK::  3.11 "...This can be improved by:
a) Restricting these items to one section of the page can help the user
retain focus.
b) For a content filled site, one may further provide the user with an
option view without banners..."

WL: some grammar change ("can" to "to" in a and for b "For a content-filled
site, providing an optional banner-free view")?

LK:: "4, Design for ease browsing and navigation"

WL: Either "ease of" or "easy"?

LK:: "To help the User's navigate: [The old "gratuitous apostrohe"?]
a) They should be easy to locate within the over-all structure of the content.
b) They should be consistent across web pages or related documents?

WL: I'm confused about to whom "they" refer - surely we don't need to
locate consistent users across Web pages <g>.

LK:: "...examples of this includes..." and "...all links have a textual
equivalents...."

WL: Number, please?

In summary I think this is really good stuff or I wouldn't be making these
picky little proofreads.

I vote for incorporation!

--
Love.