Re: Guide to Guidelines

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 06:17:48 -0700
To: "seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "wia" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

LS:: "I think one thing is missing and that is an short introduction"

WL: I suffer from the delusion that it is better to assume that the factor
of exploring on one's own in Carlsbad Caverns is far superior to having a
tour guide saying "and over on the right we have icicle-looking formations
known as 'stalactites'. You will notice..." In many cases this overbearing
stating of the obvious is itself as offputting as it is illuminating.
Whoever got there did after all get there. "You are here" is mandatory on a
map in a mall but a telephone with the word "telephone" on it is to laugh
at. IMO the place for the introduction to this "facility" is at most in the
header - otherwise it should be in whatever sent one here.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE