walk the walk?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:19:49 -0700
To: gl <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
From a "straw proposal":

LK:: "For example, in WCAG document items of class "guideline" are
visually distinctive... in yellow boxes, so a sighted individual can
quickly scan through the document finding the guidelines.  The blind
user does not have an equally convenient way to do this guidelines
happen to be H3's, but not all H3's are guidelines"

WL: A major point of structuring is to help "quickly scan" and in the
instant example that opportunity is lost to the very thing we've been
talking about. Aside from the example it presents of how easy it is for
a blindless author to overlook this potential ally of a potential
scanner, it shows yet another possible guideline about structure
although I don't know how to express it.