literacy?

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:23:12 -0700
To: gl <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I get a very strong feeling that we are all tacitly assuming that the
Web and all our Guidelines, etc. assume literacy on the part of a user?
Of course this is the basis of Jonathan's criticisms and also the
explanation of our emphasis on "text" as being fundamental.

I don't think this is "wrong" but perhaps just unremarked.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE