Re: Principles of Web Accessibility

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:47:27 -0700
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
KB:: "It may not be possible to be properly T-A and still provide any
sort of useful information."

WL: Perhaps the "properly T-A (techno-agnostic)" is more for guidance
than strict "information". Maybe this is about more than designing Web
sites? What are Web Content Accessibility Guidelines a part of; what are
they for? What Guides the Guidelines? This ain't yet another markup
language and we are constantly stressing something like "we can't really
objectively define accessibility, but we know it when we encounter it."
Hence "general/abstract".

KB:: "Will the Advisory Committee (who approve the guidelines) and TimBL
(who also does) sign off on such a document?  Has anyone asked either of
them what they would like to see us deliver?  It's possible that they'd
_prefer_ to approve a technology-specific set of guidelines over a
generic set of philosophies."

WL: I guess we'll find out.

--
Love.