Re: Plain english with examples!

From: jonathan chetwynd <jc@signbrowser.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:32:52 +0100
To: "w3c" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
Thanks for the link Wendy, and the hard work Kynn.

A greyscale image of a train map will have far more impact on the audience,
and a link there to an example would have been great. (Q.E.D.)
A b+w photocopy of the London tube map at a very large scale (~3 stations
per screen) appears to reproduce color as texture, though one needs good
sight to perceive this currently.

I have had a complaint that my contributions are repetitive and unhelpful,
so I'll not comment further, other than to say that the attempt to use plain
English, and the 4 sections are a great model.

jonathan chetwynd

jc@signbrowser.org.uk
special needs teacher
web accessibility consultant