suggestion: site or page description

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 22:19:57 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: dd@w3.org
When listening to users problems about the common "where am I?" and "where
can I go?" categories, it came to my mind that we should have a way to
attach info of the main components of the page or site as metadata.

Al pointed out that this is a broad subject and there is a lot that can be
done. However a starting point could be simply to define a RDF page
description or site description tag that describes in a natural language
the navigation bars, the advertisements boxes, the frames, the search box
etc. and their ids or other info that lets the user to jump to the
components directly with the support of a user agent.

Later we could have more exhaustive schemas of the components and ways how
user agents could utilize them.

Marja