Re: Printing using CSS

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:06:36 -0500
To: Sean Mauney <smauney@uiuc.edu>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Sean Mauney wrote:

> I have spent a lot of time making our web accessible site using CSS. I
> found out late in the game that the pages do not print properly except in
> NS4.6 on a MAC. All other browsers/OS'es really jumble the pages when sent
> to the printer. Is there a fix for this? Has anyone else ever asked the
> same question?

Sean,

Thank you for making your site accessible! The problem you cite is
a browser issue (how they print) and a CSS support issue. The only
information I know of provided by this Working Group about user
agent support for style sheets is in the "User Agent Support
for Accessibility" page [1]. In that page, there are some links
to resources where you may find more information about support
for style sheets.

Hope this helps,

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/Resources/WAI-UA-Support

Tel:                         +1 831 429-8586
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783