RE: linearized tables

Len is right on this one.

There are no P1 checkpoints that deal with tables used for layout, even
though the technique is very common AND poor default linearization IS
frequently a very significant obstacle.  Shouldn't anything that makes the
"Quick Tips Top Ten" list warrant P1 status?

If one is working on addressing P2 checkpoints en mass, 5.3 becomes
irrelevant since, at that point, one is using CSS anyway (or at least not
using table for layout at all)!

From a strictly semantic viewpoint, 5.3 should either be removed altogether
(since it is encompassed by 3.3), shorted to "don't use tables for layout"
(repeats part of 3.3, but provides the extra emphasis), or (my favorite)
promoted to P1 status.

Bruce Bailey