Re: Steps in developing technology

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:52:43 -0800 (PST)
To: charles@w3.org, phoenixl@netcom.com
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi, Charles

One of the current problems is that there has been very little research into
identifying what features screen reader users need to use a web without
any concern about other disabilities.  Since my focus has been on dynamically
generated web pages, the technology supports creating individualized
web pages so there is no need to worry about other disabilities.

Various people have indicated that choosing a particular format
from a set of choices is acceptable.  For example, I believe that
Gregory has indicated he prefers the text version of the New York Times
because it better meets his needs and he can get the same information
as is made available in the other format.

Scott