New Techniques Working Draft

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:02:30 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello,

We have published a new working draft of the techniques document at:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WD-WCAG10-TECHS-20000211/

The changes are as follows:
1. it has been divided into 3 modules.
the main module
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WD-WCAG10-TECHS-20000211/

the HTML module
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS

the CSS module
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG10-CSS-TECHS

more modules are on the way...once the group reviews, discusses, and
consensus.

2.  General cleanup:
made section names easier to read
divided long sections into subsections
incorporated guideline and checkpoint text into the main module to link
to the other modules
made sure that we were linking to all of the possible techniques for
each checkpoint

3. Only a couple of edits of content occurred and those were posted to
the list:

New subsection in techniques doc: Accessibility Reviewed Technologies
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000JanMar/0182.html]

Techniques: Document structure and metadata
[http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000JanMar/0182.html]

proposed clarification of TABLE caption, title, and summary
for the techniques document
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000JanMar/0159.html

We look forward to your review and comments.
--chairs and editors