New subsection in techniques doc: Accessibility Reviewed Technologies

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:09:16 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi,

The "Techniques for checkpoint 11.1" used to link to the "Browser
Support" section in the Techniques document.  This talks about the User
Agent support page and that not all W3C technologies are currently
supported.  That didn't seem to satisfy what needed to be done for 11.1
(Use w3c technologies...).  Therefore, I created a new section since
I couldn't figure out how to either reword the title of "Browser
support" and combine the two ideas.  Thus, I propose the following new
section:

4.13 Accessibility Reviewed Technologies

          Checkpoints in this section: 11.1.

          WCAG 1.0 suggests using W3C Technologies since they have been
reviewed for
          accessibility issues and therefore have accessibility features
built-in. The latest
          W3C technologies are available from the W3C Technical Reports
and Publications
          page.

          Breif overview of current W3C technologies:
                MathML for mathematical equations
                HTML, XHTML, XML for structured documents
                RDF for meta data
                SMIL to create multimedia presentations
                CSS and XSL to define style sheets
                XSLT to create style transformations