Re: Does the user know for sure whether the page is dynamic or static?

At 05:16 PM 1/23/00 +0000, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>Do dynamic pages have good english titles that are directly relevant to
>their contents?

In terms of the technical definition of the medium, titles apply equally to
static or dynamic pages.

In terms of the compliance levels, or how much the opportunity to title is
used, comparing static and dynamic page populations, I don't know.

>I find it very difficult to find titles for pages...

I absolutely agree.  For static pages, too.

I have trouble seeing how we are going to get the publishing public to
improve on this poor performance.

There may be some hope for improvement if web publishing really does get
re-industrialized into capital-intensive publishing factories such as the
megaservices bruited about by Microsoft.  Server-hosted evaluation with
interactive repair, hardwired into the publishing path.  We might have a
fighting chance.

Al