Children: was Re: A "one size fits all" personalized web page?

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 09:02:18 -0000
To: "Jason White" <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "Web Content Accessibility Guidelines" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
In replying privately to a query, it came to my attention that whilst
cognitive disability occupies me professionally, having a three year old
daughter also is a concern.

Surely we must recognise that children require significantly different
material?

What efforts is wai making to meets this need?
As it is likely that currently these pages would need to be in a separate
area, does this not answer the "one size fits all" personalized web page?
query?

jay@peepo.com

Jonathan Chetwynd
Special needs teacher / web accessibility consultant
education and outreach working group member, web accessibility initiative,
W3C