acronym for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines working group

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 13:02:38 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I found that the Web Characterization activity also uses  "WC" acronyms. I
had thought they were using WC but it turns out they use WCG as well as
WCA.  I had proposed WCG for the Web Content Guidelines working group in
the draft of the charter.  This obviously won't work.

Therefore here are some new proposals:
1. WCAG WG - it puts the "accessibility" back into the name, but people
could potentially confuse the working group with the document.
2. WCGL WG - Web content guidelines working group.  i have no issues with
this one.

Previously Discarded:
1. GL - people could infer that the WAI only produces one set of guidelines.
2. markup - too general and confusing with markup activities.

so far, (2 responses) WCAG WG is the running favorite with the WAI team.

thoughts?
--wendy
--
wendy a chisholm