From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:12:32 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
GL 1: How about "Provide [rich?] Alternative Content.

GL 2: I'm not sure why color is singled out as a presentation problem.
Somehow any use of any formatting technique should not be used in the
sense of "only" insofar as semantics is concerned.

GL 3: Is "style sheets" fully generalized? XSL, e.g.?

GL 5: "tables" is too specific since we are actually concerned with
*any* devices used to provide eye candy - tables are not much different
than, say pie charts in this regard. The generalization should be
general! Any use of position (or font, or color, or etc.) must consider

GL 6: See 2 and 5 for generalization it's not *just* "new technologies"
that must transform gracefully.

The rest of them, I just haven't considered much. But I think we have to
think really general/abstract for the guidelines themselves. Mention of
singled-out instances belong in either checkpoints or techniques. We are
dealing with a "semantic Web" and the use of any modality must
acknowledge its functional intent.