"Add requirements beyond HTML and CSS" - Requirements doc

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 00:37:33 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello all,

The first point in the Requirements document reads, "1. Add requirements
beyond HTML and CSS" which is a bit weak as well as a bit misleading.  I
think what we really mean is, "Ensure that minimum requirements may be
applied across technologies."

To incorporate Al's ideas that we need to focus on issues rather than
technologies, the text under that point would read something like;
WCAG 2.0 will include requirements for:
Presentation (e.g., CSS and HTML, PDF)
Multimedia (e.g., SMIL, SVG, Flash)
Structure (e.g., HTML, MathML)
Metadata (e.g., RDF)
Interactivity (e.g., DOM, JavaScript)
Creating New Dialects (e.g. XML)

WCAG 2.0 requirements should be expressed in generic terms so that they may
apply to more than one markup language or content format.

Is there a better way to say the last bullet, "Creating New Dialects (e.g.,
XML)"?   "Creating new languages?" "Creating new markup languages?"

Is anything left out?

thoughts?
--wendy
--