Technology-specific checks: XML, HTML, SMIL, CSS

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 11:22:07 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: charles@w3.org
DRAFT - 2 Checkpoints for HTML, XML, SMIL, and CSS

I only considered two checkpoints in an attempt to create technology
specific checkpoints. It is interesting that in each of these cases, the
technology-specifics are highlighted. I think what we will find is that we
will have general principles but that those are principles of design and
not markup language. Each markup language has a strength and not all design
principles will apply to each of those strengths. For example, separating
presentation and content means that two languages may be employed for the
desired effect. Therefore, if we do have technology-specific checks they
will be tied to other technology-specific checks. For example, XML and
style sheets.

The draft is available at: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2000/05/wcag-techs.html

Note that it is very rough. This is a first pass.

--wendy
--
wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium