Re: WCAG and "undue hardship"

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 12:49:06 -0700
To: Greg Gay <g.gay@utoronto.ca>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
GG:: "he next version of the guidelines should be created with the
foresight that they will be used in the courtroom."

WL: We've been over this a lot and as I recall have pretty much agreed
that this is a really bad idea for any of our guidelines. I don't know
how to selectively search the archives to collate this, but I'm sure
this is the consensus and possibly an official W3C position. We note
policy on a "policy page" but...

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE