Re: WCAG and "undue hardship"

From: Marti <marti47@MEDIAONE.NET>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 15:41:32 -0400
To: "Greg Gay" <g.gay@utoronto.ca>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, "Wendy Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>
While I generally support the idea that we can not support legacy technology
forever I would suggest caution about 'free' browsers. While there may be no
cost for many current browsers there may be other factors that prevent their
use - older computers and operating systems that are not compatible, older
screen readers that don't work with the newer browsers, 'public access
equipment' where you can't download and install anything you want.