RE: Bobby output daunting on accessible page from Alaska

Ana,

Forgive me for asking, but why haven't you complained to the list sooner?
Have you made your observations known to CAST?  I almost feel like I owe
them an apology for all my public venting since, apparently, they really ARE
listening.  Actually, I pretty much curtailed my feedback on the subject
since I was made to feel like I was in the minority with my belief that
there were significant usability problems.  Being part of a silent majority
is not nearly as empowering as being part of a vocal majority!

I would encourage you (and other people you refer to Bobby) to participate
in the W3C WAI Interest Group, even if it is only for the short term goal of
getting accessible pages.  The folks there are very generous with their time
in helping interested sites become WCAG P1 compliant.

Most P1 compliant sites achieve a "Bobby Approved" return from CAST's
service -- but the report will still be quite verbose.

There is also the issue that, with the contemporary GUI tools available, it
is VERY difficult to address P1 issues adequately.  In your opinion, is it
too much to expect educators to learn HTML 3.2?

Sincerely,
Bruce Bailey