[Fwd: Help, help, help...]

> Dear Sirs and Madams:
>
> Is there an tag (or object or behavior) in HTML 4.0, 4.01 or XHTML 1.0 that
> allows a web page to include the contents of another page in itself.  i.e.,
> similar to Microsoft Frontpage's "Include" web bot?  If yes, what is it and
> how do I implement such a function?

Hello,

This is not the appropriate mailing list for general questions
about HTML usage. I recommend that you consult the HTML Activity
home page (http://www.w3.org/MarkUp) for information about
the appropriate discussion forums. This mailing list is
for discussion in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Working Group.

Now, to answer your question, there are at least a few ways to
include HTML content in other HTML content:

1) Server side includes. Your server documentation will explain how.
2) In HTML 4, the OBJECT [1] and IFRAME [2] elements.
   You should verify whether the browsers you intend to use
   support these features of HTML 4.
3) Frames.

 - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#h-13.3
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#h-16.5

Forwarded message 1

Is there an tag (or object or behavior) in HTML 4.0, 4.01 or XHTML 1.0 that
allows a web page to include the contents of another page in itself.  i.e.,
similar to Microsoft Frontpage's "Include" web bot?  If yes, what is it and
how do I implement such a function?

Thank you,
Phu MInh Truong