Re: A Fresh Look at Accommodating Cognitive Disabilities

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 11:26:43 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
AP:: "I question the ability of TTS to provide adequate accommodation by
itself. Perhaps you are working with a more advanced TTS device?"

WL: If the idealized text-to-speech "device" were a human reader would
it qualify? In cases where communication via spoken language is
ineffective how can we learn what works? Are we trying for a
"text-to-thought" system? In fact is language itself in question in some
cases?

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE