Re: Final review of WCAG requirements document prior to publication as a W3C note

Jason White wrote:

> There appears to be general consensus within the working group regarding
> the content of the WCAG 2.0 requirements document:
> http://www.w3.orgWAI/gl/wcag20-req-20000419.html
>
> Please review the document and send any final comments or objections to
> the mailing list, prior to the working group meeting on Thursday 4 May. In
> the absence of substantive opposition, the requirements document will be
> published as a W3C note shortly thereafter. You therefore have
> approximately one week in which to review it and suggest changes.

Is there a reason this is being published as a Note rather than
as a Working Draft? The other requirements documents currently
in development are Working Drafts, including:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-reusable-dialog-reqs-20000426
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-DOM-Requirements-20000412
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xhtml-forms-req-20000329
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xmlquery-req-20000131
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-voice-tts-reqs-19991223

While there's nothing that prevents the Working Group
from requesting publication as a Note, I recommend that
you request publication as a Working Draft since this
is a work in progress. The requirements will certainly
evolve as the Working Group continues to work.

There is no requirement that a Working Draft advance
to Recommendation. At a later date, the WG may choose,
to incorporate the requirements as an appendix to
the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation. Or the Working Group can
request publication of the final requirements as a
Note. But for now, I recommend requesting Working
Draft status.

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783