From: Ian Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 11:02 AM
To: Cynthia Shelly
Cc: 'w3c-wai-gl@w3.org'
Subject: Re: issues with examples in WCAG 1.0

Cynthia Shelly wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's not entirely clear when reading the guidelines that the examples are
> non-normative.

Cynthia,

Section 3 says that for each checkpoint there are:

  "Optional informative notes, clarifying examples,
   and cross references to related guidelines or checkpoints. "

The "informative" is supposed to distribute to the whole sentence.

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783