Re: keyboard-tab

Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> Can anyone explain why <tab> is not HTML?

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that people
should be able to mark up HTML documents with a <tab> element?
What would that do? Do you mean to accomplish the same
thing as the "tabindex" attribute?

In general, HTML does not include specify element types
for characters. That's the role of the document character
set, in this case Unicode 3.0.

 - Ian

> It is understood and used by nearly everyone.
> It is part of the standard keyboard and ascii.
>
> This seems to me to be the type of issue that accessibility should be
> concerned with.
> We all use keyboards, but cannot use the tab key.
> <pre> as you will know does not tab correctly.
> it is also not known to most people.
>
> HTML 'lists' as used extensively on the WAI homepage cannot be said to have
> these benefits
>
> jay@peepo.com
>
> special needs teacher
> web accessibility consultant

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783