Re: Jonathan's Analysis of the WAI Homepage

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 22:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
An important point to remember is that what is usability for a large group of
people may amount to accessibilty for a smaller group. THink of curb-cuts in
the physical world...

Charles McCN

On Sun, 9 Apr 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  Jonathan wrote:
   >I have reviewed the WAI page below, it has not been very pleasant.
   >Please accept my apologies if I offend the authors.
   >There is much that is great, but it is very well hidden.
   >I really hope I found the right page folks.
   >I personally find the page http://www.w3.org/WAI/ very poorly designed.

  Jonathan, I will agree with you that it is not well designed, but
  I am not certain that I would consider all of these problems to
  be -accessibility- issues as much as -usability- issues.  In other
  words, I think the problems are of a different type than access
  to the disabled; I feel that in many ways the problems are simply
  with being usable by -anyone-, disability or not.