Sheet Music

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:23:52 +0100
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Re:the need to cater to individual needs:

i think we can all agree that if we had to read the music in order to enjoy
it most of us would be excluded.

The photo of a pop star, the tune, the sheet, and the lyric all have uses.

WAI and many other site are predominantly text based.
This does not mean it is accessible.

I for one would love to be able to select my listening by sound rather than
station, in fact I currently have to any way.
wouldn't it be wonderful to have a listening web, burble for radio 4 or
discussion, shout for news, sing for music...
seriously the ones amongst you who consider accessibility to be about cross
browser issues are missing out.

That's an important issue, but not even a small part of the major concerns
coming.
Multimedia is a huge area, as is preffered learning method. the relationship
between these two and the technologies employed is the central concern.

That might sound a tad eowg, but somehow the guidelines need to be people
not technology centred and reflect the fact that accessible means different
things to different people.

Best wishes

jay@peepo.com

special needs teacher