Sheet Music

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:23:52 +0100
To: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>, "Kynn Bartlett" <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Re:the need to cater to individual needs:

i think we can all agree that if we had to read the music in order to enjoy
it most of us would be excluded.

The photo of a pop star, the tune, the sheet, and the lyric all have uses.

WAI and many other site are predominantly text based.
This does not mean it is accessible.

I for one would love to be able to select my listening by sound rather than
station, in fact I currently have to any way.
wouldn't it be wonderful to have a listening web, burble for radio 4 or
discussion, shout for news, sing for music...
seriously the ones amongst you who consider accessibility to be about cross
browser issues are missing out.

That's an important issue, but not even a small part of the major concerns
Multimedia is a huge area, as is preffered learning method. the relationship
between these two and the technologies employed is the central concern.

That might sound a tad eowg, but somehow the guidelines need to be people
not technology centred and reflect the fact that accessible means different
things to different people.

Best wishes

special needs teacher
web accessibility consultant