Re: A "one size fits all" personalized web page?

Hi Scott!

I don't think these concepts conflict. Personalization is good in a sense
that users can tailor the pages according to their needs. However, we
shouldn't force users to tailor, we still need to offer good defaults. In
WAI our goal is that the pages have enough information so that they can be
tailored to meet the needs of the disabled users. That is why there is
equivalent information. To help the management of the pages it is good that
this information is attached to the page that is frequently updated etc.
because then the information is easier to find and it is less probable that
the equivalent information is not updated at the same time as the other
information. There may then be gateways etc. that tailor the information to
the needs of a specific group.

Marja