Re: revised charter and timeline, minutes from today - need comments by WEDNESDAY

Wendy,
I think things like scripting and XSLT are about transforming information.
Transformation can include rendering content on a specific medium like a
graphical display.  This seems fundamentally different then representing
the information in a document format like HTML, XML, SMIL or MathML.
Therefore a separate line in the charter would highlight this difference.

Jon

At 03:51 AM 12/21/99 -0500, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>Scripting is a hot topic in web development and in websites today (the sydeny
>olympics webiste, which went into court recently, was a problem preciesely
>because it relied on scripting for basic funtionality)
>
>There is a lot of scripting out there, and some active work in trying to make
>scripting an accessible exercise.
>
>chaals
>
>On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>
>  >2. Would it highlight accessible scripting techniques to give it it's own
>  >bullet
>
>  hmm, I don't think this is necessary.  can you give me a compelling
argument?

>  --wendy
>  --
>  wendy a chisholm
>  world wide web consortium
>  web accessibility initiative
>  madison, wi usa
>  tel: +1 608 663 6346
>  /--
>

>--
>Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 409 134 136
>W3C Web Accessibility Initiative                    http://www.w3.org/WAI
>21 Mitchell Street, Footscray, VIC 3011,  Australia (I've moved!)

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: jongund@uiuc.edu

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund