RE: Captions for audio clips

If I am following this then, P1 is text transcript of auditory information,
while P2 would be "live" captions.  So transcript is to audio as ALT is to
IMG.

Where do the guidelines differentiate between music/sound/noise and speech
output / voice recording?  What is the audio equivalent for ALT=""?  What
is the appropriate tags for the annoying MIDI background "music" that many
sites seem to favor?