guidance for component structure

From: Marja-Riitta Koivunen <marja@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:44:00 -0500
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I just wrote the following excerpt to the SVG Note (vector graphic  images)
and realized we don't actually have a general checkpoint or guidance for
writing the component structure. We do have something for Headers or some
other elements, but could we also have a more general statement at least at
the explanation text?

"Therefore it is important that the SVG authors carefully build the
hierarchical component structure so that it reflects the components of the
object illustrated by the image. Some guidance for using structure can be
found under guideline 3 and 12 in [WAI-WEBCONTENT]."

Marja