Re: GL's interpretation of null alt-text

Sorry to be sounding this drum beat again, but I agree with Al.

For transparent spacer GIFs, " " is the most logical alt tag!

I am a proponent of short ALT tags, but with the exception of stacked
content-free images (and definately NOT counting the first one in such a
series), I have yet to see an example where ALT="" was the best solution.

Could we go so far as to say that ALT="" should ONLY be used for spacer
images?