Re: Content negotiation example needed.

I expect Max is right.  Unfortunately, this would mean Tim was wrong.  This
wrinkle is in the Guidelines because nobody wanted to argue the point with
Tim Berners-Lee as we were rushing toward Proposed Rec.  HTTP content
negotiation as it works now is probably too subterranean and magical to
keep the user sufficiently informed on what is going on and what
alternatives there are when there are choices being made.

How to maintain the benefits and eliminate the glitches is work for the new
CC/PP activity.

Al

Reference:

  Comments from Tim Berners-Lee about Web Content Guidelines

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/1999JanMar/0403.html

Prior correspondence: