RE: 3rd try: proposal for marking up groups of links

GV wrote:
>Suggesting that the SKIP link is invisible unless graphics is turned off
however, seems to >indicate that only people who were blind and turn off
their graphics really need this fix.  The >example included a person with a
physical disability who would have to turn off graphics to take >advantage
of a "hidden" link.
>/GV
good point.  however, a 1 pixel image that is a link will be in the tab
order.  therefore a person using a keyboard could get to it but they would
not know its use if images are loaded.  scripting could be employed on
those platforms that support it to react to focus changes to display the
alt-text.

Perhaps we recommend that a small icon is used rather than a 1 pixel image?
 For example, it seems that the arrows used in WCAG to skip between
sections would be appropriate.  Perhaps either a right arrow or a down
arrow?  Both the title and the alt-text would need to be the same so that
if someone has images loaded and wants the tooltip, they would be able to
find out where it goes.

if we agree this is a possibility, we ought to informatlly test it with a
few users before recommending it.

--w

Behalf Of Wendy A Chisholm