Re: Objects - Macromedia

"Neff, Robert" wrote:

> Maybe I am too tired of looking and deciphering the techniques and
> guidelines, plus very busy - as is everyone else <smile>.  But i am looking
> for clear definition on what I need to include in Macromedia objects.

What objects? Where are these defined?

> I do not see a bullet list and there is much reading and deciphering.  Can
> someone pls tell me what is required to make Macromedia Objects conform to
> double-A.

Short answer: I can't. I don't think you'll find this info in WCAG
or other WAI Guidelines today.

> In talking to other developers, they would like to see the same.  A clearly
> defined list with no sentences or explanation.  This would also apply to all
> the cases and JAVA, etc.

So far, W3C has not produced guidelines for non-W3C technologies
such as JAVA. We should have references, howver, to other resources.
For Java, try [1], [2], [3]. I looked at the Macromedia site but
didn't find information about accessibility there.

For the need you are expressing: Quick access to key accessibility
features that need to be used or implemented, we are producing
Notes for W3C Technologies. There is one available for CSS 1/2 [4],
an older one for HTML 4 [5], and very soon one for SMIL 1.0. Other
Notes will follow.

 - Ian

[1] "IBM Guidelines for Writing Accessible Applications Using 100% Pure
Java"
    http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/snsjavag.htm

[2] Java Accessibility Utilities
    http://www.sun.com/access/

[3] "Java Accessibility Guidelines and Checklist"
    http://www.austin.ibm.com/sns/accessjava.html

[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS-access

[5] http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/HTML4-access.html

 - Ian
Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783