Re: proposal for wording re: grouping links (WCAG techniques document)

From: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 11:01:00 -0500
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
hello,

>Recommended action: ask ER-IG to consider, test, and recommend methods for
>extracting an effective document structure for existing pages.  Capture the
>result in to the UA and AU documents.

Is ER the most appropriate group?  This proposal rings with "user testing"
in my ears, and I think that the UA group is closest to the users.  However
there is no "user testing" component in any of the group's charter.

As mentioned before, I am working on proposed edits to the Navigation and
Validation sections of the Techniques document.

--wendy
wendy chisholm
human factors engineer
trace research and development center