Re: RFC: Re: To what content type does longdesc refer?

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:01:29 +0200
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
cc: w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, connolly@w3.org

I'm fine with the principle, I just wish to add a introducing sentence
to your resolution paragraph:

A URI-reference identified by a LONGDESC attribute can point to any
Web document type. The content which results when the resource is
recovered is subject to the provisions of the WCAG 1.0, same as for
the referring document.  This is how the obvious suitability-for-use
concerns should be addressed, and not through any clause in the
specification of the referring format restricting the content type of
the resource served under the cited URI.