use <A>, not <LINK> in skip-navigation technique from ACB

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:14:58 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
[technical note for Thursday's session]

In the issues list, a link bypassing front-end administrivia is discussed
as using a LINK element.  I believe this is a bad idea.

The current example in the Techniques document

Techniques for Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0

uses an anchor <A> element.  For best results, I believe we should stick
with the A element.  It enjoys wider support in browsers.

I am sending this detail separately because, unlike the main question, I
think it can be dealt with by itself.  Hope this part won't be
controversial.  This makes this technique something which has no "legacy
browser" issues, as ALT and A have been in the standard markup vocabulary
for a long time and are generally implemented.  LINK has been there just as
long but has largely been ignored, so far as I understand.