Re: Tables

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:09:52 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Neff, Robert" <Robert.Neff@usmint.treas.gov>
cc: "'w3c-wai-gl@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
No, it is the HTML spec that you need to read for that one I think.

Caption is an element, so whatever you put in there will be displayed, unless
you set it not to display. As an element I think (I haven't checked this)
that you can put links to non-tabular versions, or to graphic equivalents, or
whatever, in it. Summary is an attribute - it doesn't display except if a
browser understands it, and you can only ever have plain text in it.

Charles