Re: Accessibility and sign languages (was Re: Suggested issues ... in next version of guidelines)

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:56:19 +1000 (EST)
To: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
What I am essentially asking is whether any requirements pertaining to the
translation of text into sign languages, whether automated or not, or the
representation of such languages via the web, should be included in a
subsequent version of the guidelines. This is one issue which has been
consistently raised in discussion but in regard to which no firm decisions
have been taken. My remarks were intended to ensure that the issue remains
on the agenda, rather than to suggest any concrete proposal.