RE: Checkpoint 3.7: Big Hurdle for Double-AA/Triple-AAA Compliance

“ and ” do not exist in HTML. Using them is invalid HTML.
If there is a validator that accepts them, send a bug report to
its maintainer (with a sample URL that replicates the bug).

Numerical references refer to positions in "the document
character set" i.e., Unicode. The above mentioned positions are not
assigned.

It is possible to encode right and left quots with single octets in
positions 147 and 148 if your document is encoded with windows-1252, for
example.

It seems that someone (including browsers...) is confusing "character set"
with "character encoding".

See http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/quick.html for an
introduction on the subject.

Regards,
Nir Dagan

http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com
tel:+972-2-588-3143

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein