Re: [Fwd: Coordination issues between Web Content and User Agent Guidelines]

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:29:10 -0700
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Comments in JRG:

> - #33: Allow the user to view header information associated with a
> cell
>
> I'm not sure why this is a GL issue. HTML Markup exists, as well as
> an algorithm (that may need repairs) for identifying headers
> associated with cells. Checkpoint 5.1 of WCAG 1.0 tells authors to
> identify headers.

JRG: There is a need to make sure that GL strongly supports the use of header
markup and that  the UA guidelines give examples of how to use the various
makup techniques.

> - #35: Allow the user to view the summary attribute of a table
>
> Same as previous comment.

JRG: There is a need to make sure that GL strongly supports the use of summary
and that summary maybe used as a means to indicate a table is being used for
layout.

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820