Re: Fw: Checkpoint 3.3

From: ADAM GUASCH-MELENDEZ <ADAM.GUASCH@EEOC.GOV>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 16:48:00 -0500
To: kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com
Cc: w3c-wai-eo@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but that certainly appears to be what is happening within the federal government. Of course, the good news is we're still over a year away from having to reach Double-AA compliance, and there's time for modifications to the checkpoints.

Robert Neff and I had concerns about different checkpoints, but the issue was the same - as written, it's too easy to read a blanket requirement into the various checkpoints.

>>> Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com> 07/18 1:06 PM >>>
The problem as I see it is that they are not being adopted
as "guides" but rather as "requirements"; the helpful
checkpoints that can be figured out by anyone with just a
smidgen of common sense can be easily twisted into firm,
hard checkpoints that MUST be satisfied in order to achieve
a "Double-AA compliance" rating.